Old Money for Sale: Old coins or currency, which you may have been keeping as collectables, could be worth a fortune. There is a market out there that is interested in paying lakhs of rupees for these coins whose legal value could be much much less. If you have been sitting on top of these notes and coins, you would be surprised to know that you can sell them in India online as well. old money for sale india
One can certainly fetch a good amount of money by selling old coins and notes in India. 25 paise and 50 paise coins, which have been demonetised, were available to buy for as much as Rs 1.5 lakh in the country last year. There are people who are more than interested in shelling out thousands and lakhs of rupees on such banned currencies for collection purposes. You just need to approach them directly by listing your old coins or notes on certain online platforms.
- 1 In Hindi:
- 2 Which old coins are available for sale in India?
- 3 Why is this note special?
- 4 Sell according to the terms and conditions
- 5 RBI cautions the public against online buying and selling of old coins, notes
- 6 How to sell old coins in India online?
- 7 FAQs on Old Money for Sale
पुराने सिक्के या मुद्रा, जिन्हें आप संग्रहणीय के रूप में रखते रहे होंगे, एक भाग्य के लायक हो सकते हैं। वहाँ एक बाजार है जो इन सिक्कों के लिए लाखों रुपये का भुगतान करने में दिलचस्पी रखता है, जिसका कानूनी मूल्य बहुत कम हो सकता है। अगर आप इन नोटों और सिक्कों के ऊपर बैठे हैं तो आपको जानकर हैरानी होगी कि आप इन्हें भारत में ऑनलाइन भी बेच सकते हैं।
भारत में पुराने सिक्के और नोट बेचकर निश्चित रूप से अच्छी रकम मिल सकती है। 25 पैसे और 50 पैसे के सिक्के, जो विमुद्रीकृत हो चुके हैं, पिछले साल देश में 1.5 लाख रुपये तक खरीदने के लिए उपलब्ध थे। ऐसे लोग हैं जो संग्रह उद्देश्यों के लिए ऐसी प्रतिबंधित मुद्राओं पर हजारों और लाखों रुपये खर्च करने में रुचि रखते हैं। आपको कुछ ऑनलाइन प्लेटफॉर्म पर अपने पुराने सिक्कों या नोटों को सूचीबद्ध करके सीधे उनसे संपर्क करने की आवश्यकता है।
Which old coins are available for sale in India?
10 paisa coins, released between 1957 to 1963. These were the first coins released in republic India. The old coins were made of copper-nickel metal that weighs about 5 grams and has a diameter of 23 mm. Ashoka pillar was inscribed and India and Bharat were written on one side, while the other side has 10 Naye paise written in Devnagri script with “Rupaye ka dasvan bhag” minted on it. The year of minting is inscribed at the bottom of the coin along with the mintmark. If media reports are anything to go by, these 10 paisa old coins can fetch you around Rs 1000 online.
Why is this note special?
Today here we are telling you about such a five rupee note, by selling which you can easily earn thousands of rupees. The speciality of this note is that the number 786 (5 Rupee Note 786) should be written on it. The note should also have a tractor (5 Rupee Note With Tractor Value).
Sell according to the terms and conditions
This note issued by the Reserve Bank of India (RBI) is ‘Extremely Rare’ Notes India. In such a situation, if you also have this note, then you are lucky. In exchange for this one note, you can earn thousands. There are websites where there is tremendous buying and selling of old notes and coins.
RBI cautions the public against online buying and selling of old coins, notes
- The RBI said the central bank does not deal in such matters, and “never seeks charges/ commissions of any sort”
- The Reserve Bank of India (RBI) cautioned the general public on Wednesday against fraudsters using the name and logo of the Reserve Bank of India seeking charges, and commission or taxes from the public in online transactions of buying and selling old banknotes and coins.
- Cautioning the general public “not to fall prey to fictitious offers of buying/ selling of old banknotes and coins,” the RBI said the central bank does not deal in such matters, and “never seeks charges/ commissions of any sort.”
- “Reserve Bank of India has also not authorised any institution/ firm/ person etc. to collect charges/ commission on its behalf in such transactions,” RBI said in its notification, advising the public to remain cautious against fraudsters using the RBI name to extract money through such fictitious offers.
How to sell old coins in India online?
Below are the online platforms where you can list your old coins and notes. By looking at others coin listings, you’ll get an idea about the prices and accordingly set your own depending upon the year mentioned on the coins. The older the coin, the higher it can be sold. The year indicates the minting date of the coins, so suppose a coin that was made back in 1984 holds more sale value than a coin made in 1998.
Coinbazaar is a website dedicated to buying and selling antique items such as medals, ancient currencies and old coins & notes as well. Here’s how to get registered and make a listing for your own coins.
- Sell old coins and notes on Coinbazaar
- Head over to the official site here
- Click on “store manager” in the top right corner
- To register, enter your email ID and a password
- Hit “register”
- Now you can start listing the old coins by uploading pictures, details and price
OLX is a well-known marketplace for buying and selling used and second-hand stuff. Many people are using this platform to sell their old coins as well. Here’s how you can too.
- Head over to OLX
- To register as a seller, click “Sell” on the top right corner
- Enter your mobile number or just go ahead by signing up with your Google account
- Once done, you’ll be registered on the platform
- To list the coins, take clear pictures of the coins and fill in the desired price and additional details
- When someone shows interest, he/she will contact you via OLX itself or through a phone call
Note:- In case you decide to buy from such platforms, always visit and have a look at the item yourself first before making any advanced payments. Especially in this case, where thousands of rupees are at stake.
Just like OLX, Quikr is another platform that involves the exchange of old items and products including old and demonetized coins & notes.
- Sell old coins and notes on Quikr
- Then head over to Quikr
- On the top right corner, select “Login/Register”
- Enter your phone number, name, email ID and preferred password and hit “continue”
- From here on, you can start listing your coins by uploading high-quality images along with the desired price
- When someone shows interest, he/she will contact you via Quikr itself or through a phone call
FAQs on Old Money for Sale
Is it legal to sell old coins in India?
There isn’t exactly any confirmation regarding the legality of selling old coins in India but as long as you don’t indulge in any fraudulent activities like charging commissions on behalf of government authorities like the RBI, you should be fine with it. Also, there already are numerous listings for old coins on online platforms.
Is there an offline market to sell old coins in India?
It all depends from region to region. So you can always try your luck and find local traders who regularly deal in antique items, including old coins and notes which are no longer in circulation. A simple Google search may do the job.
Do old Indian coins have any value?
The 1994-made coin has an Indian flag on one side, and its value on the Quikr website is estimated to be Rs 5 lakh. Whereas, the value of one rupee coin that was minted before independence, and had Queen Victoria’s picture imprinted on it, is calculated to be worth Rs 2 lakh.
How can I sell my 100-year-old coin?
To sell old coins, you have to go to Indiamart’s website. On this website, you have to create your account. After creating an account, you have to register yourself as a seller here. So after registration, now you upload the picture of your coin and put it for sale.
Are coins that are 100 years old worth anything?
It is hard for many non-collectors to believe that coins; 100 or 200 years old can sometimes be worth so little. So the reality is that age has very little to do with value. I’ve seen many hoards where the coins are worth only a few cents; each because they were common date, low-grade specimens. old Egyptian money for sale